One of the major aims of Tribhuvan University is to produce internationally recognised skilled manpower essential for the all round development of the nation. To fulfill this goal, the office of the Controller of Examinations undertakes the responsibility of students’ evaluation. The main functions of OCOE are:
• To conduct the examinations of all levels
• To maintain the standard of examinations
• To publish the results
• To distribute the mark sheets, transcripts and certificates
• To organise the convocation to confer the certificates on graduates, postgraduates, Master in Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Ph.D. graduates
• To organise a special convocation to confer Honorary Ph.D. degrees on national and international outstanding scholars
• To maintain an academic calendar
• To keep the records relating to examinations systematically
Tribhuvan University holds two types of convocations- regular and special. Regular convocation is held every year for conferring Bachelor’s, Master’s, Master in Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Ph.D. degrees. The convocation is addressed by a scholar of national or international distinction. In special convocations, Honorary Degrees are conferred on nationally and internationally distinguished scholars.
Admissions are open at Tribhuvan University in the month of July/August every year. A student seeking admission has to pass an entrance examination.