Tribhuwan University
en np

KCRE Excellent Student Thesis Grant Distribution Ceremony held in Kathmandu


Central Department of Hydrology and Meteorology (CDHM) Tribhuvan University in collaboration with KathmanduCenter for Research and Education (KCRE), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) – Tribhuvan University (TU) organised “KCRE Excellent Student Thesis Grant Distribution Ceremony 2022” on 15th September 2022 at KCRE, Kathmandu, Nepal. In the ceremony, 13 students from different departments under Institute of Science and Technology (IOST) TU were awarded with thesis grants in presence of their supervisors and the head of the respective departments. CAS has been supporting such research grants for excellent students from IOST TU since 2015.

Prof.BinilAryal, Prof. Deepak Aryal and Dr.Xiao Bo LIU, Deputy Director of KCRE distributed the first instalment of the Cheques and Certificates to the awardees. According to the regulation of the grants, the awardees received 60% of the grants upon the signing of agreement and remaining 40% after completion of research and after the publication in journals of 20% each. In the program, the Chief Guest and dean of IOST, Prof BinilAryal highlighted the global reputation of CAS and expressed his deep appreciations for the support to excellent students and expecting additional research support for the young faculties as well.

Prof. Deepak Aryal, Chair of the session and the Head of CDHM mentioned that such grants motivate potential students for conducting research activities. Prof.Chhatra Mani Sharma, representative from the heads of Central Departments of TU and Prof.NiranjanParajuli, representative from the supervisors of the awardees expected scientific facilities and some programs from CAS for faculties as well.

In the program, Dr. Binod Dawadi, Deputy Director of KCRE and Associate professor of CDHM welcomed the participants and highlighted the background of this grant.